Email notifications using SMTP/NTP with Google, as of May 30, 2022 Google has changed their support for 3rd party apps that sign-in with Username & Password and are no longer supported. More companies are using 2FA to harden security logins by sending a test notification to your smartphone. This may cause issues with HyNet functionality.
To remedy this:
- configure your Google account:
- open Chrome and go to google.com
- click sign-in and sign into your Google account
- click Google apps (icon is box of dots), then select your Account app
- select Security for your account on left menu list
- on the Security page under "Signing into Google"
- turn on and set up 2-Step Verification, as this is required first
- then click App passwords, and enter your account password once more to get to the next page
- on the next page, click the Select app drop-down, then select "Other (Custom name)"
- name your gate or HyNet (ie, "gateRightEntry") and then push Generate
- copy the 16-char password generated to use for your HyNet or CNX e-mail setup
- configure your HyNet or CNX:
- log into your gate's HyNet or CNX web server
- using the SETUP drop-down, select CONFIGURE SMTP/NTP
- set the following:
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP domain: gmail.com
SMTP Security: TLS (this is not required on CNX)
Port Number: 587
User ID: email@example.com
Password: use the 16-char password from above
From e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- save this page setup "Submit"
- to test your e-mail service:
- using the SETUP drop-down, select EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
- select the user to send this test e-mail
- push "Send test email", confirm it worked