Replacement Part: Limit assembly (part number: A2038)
Tools: 3/16 hex key, wire stripper/ cutter, 3x wire crimp connectors, socket wrench and 3/8 socket
- Loosen strain relief nut on the back of motor housing
- Remove 6 screws on the rear housing (Use a 3/16 Allen key)
- Take off rear housing and verify that the brass, middle, limit block is located towards the back of the rear housing. It needs to be closest to the Phillips screws that are used for limit adjustments. If the limit block is on the wrong side, run the motor in the correct direction to get it in the correct position (reference picture in step #8)
- Take the Nice logo cover off under the cover tube on the motor housing
- Remove both the nuts on the front of the operator under cover tube (Use a 3/8 socket)
- Remove the motor without cutting the wires.
- Remove the remaining screws from inner part of the mounting plate
- Carefully start removing the limit plate (the middle screw is not apart of the limit assembly). The limit block needs to come off. It will pull back and out slightly, then drop it down an inch or two to make enough room to manually unthread the Limit Block. Put both the springs in a safe location
- Cut the white limit wires.
- Disconnect the smart sensor from the mounting plate and reconnect it to the new mounting plate
- Install the new limit tower assembly. Thread back on the limit block and ensure the springs are installed so that there's one on both sides of the limit block
- Tighten back into place the two nuts under the cover tube and snap the Nice logo back over top
- Clean silicon off the rear housing, apply a new bead of silicon
- Put it all back together, making sure to tighten the strain relief